Monday, September 28, 2009

Mailbox Monday - September 28

Mailbox Monday
 
Mailbox Monday is a weekly post to share what books came into my house last week. It is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.

........................................................


Picked up The Lost Symbol at Costco. I don't generally like buying new hardcovers (I'm kind of partial to paperbacks for most books), but I just couldn't help myself. The curiosity was too great, and I remembered how much I enjoyed Angels and Demons.

........................................................

I got a hardcover edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass for my kids. I have fond memories of reading this book in grade school, and got it into my head that I needed to pick up a copy *now* for our personal library. I chose hardcover because, well, they're kids, and I figured this would last longer and be a little more durable than a paperback version. Not that they'll be reading it anytime soon, but at least I'll be prepared. LOL

........................................................

I got this Christian thriller for my husband. He's been reading a lot of thrillers lately and I didn't want him to run out of reading material. ;-) I picked out Shaiton's Fire because it's by Jake Thoene, and I've enjoyed the books written by his parents. Maybe that's a silly reason to buy a book, but it really sounded like something my hubby would like.

........................................................

Got the second book in the Fremont Jones series, Fire and Fog. A fun series so far--I like the time period and the main character.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails