Monday, October 19, 2009

Mailbox Monday - October 19

Mailbox Monday

Every week Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday. This is a chance for book lovers to showcase all the great reads that came to their house and to go see what other book lovers acquired over the past week.


It was a low-volume week for me, but everything that arrived I am so looking forward to reading!

.............................................................


My first book arrival came from BookMooch on Tuesday. I ordered Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte after a friend of mine recommended it. The book description was intriguing, so I'm going to give it a try. It's another classic that I haven't read, and one of my goals for the next year is to read more classic fiction.

............................................................. 


Another book via BookMooch came Wednesday. A Bride Most Begrudging by Deeanne Gist was recommended by a friend of mine. It's a Christian historical romance, set in colonial America. It sounds good. I like the time period, hopefully I will like the story too!

.............................................................

I received Shadowbrook by Beverly Swerling from Paperback Swap--it was on my wishlist for a long time, so I was very happy to see it arrive! :) It's historical fiction set during the French and Indian War. It sounds exciting!

.............................................................

Hubby went to Costco as quickly as he could last week to pick up Vince Flynn's latest novel, Pursuit of Honor. Vince Flynn is one of his favorite authors and he's currently working on collecting a hardcover set of Flynn's thrillers. :) I am secretly happy that I have encouraged him to become more passionate about books than he used to be. He used to avoid reading.

.............................................................

 So, did you have a good book week too?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails