Monday, October 26, 2009

Mailbox Monday - October 26

Mailbox Monday

Every week Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday. It's a chance to share the books that came to your house last week, and to check out what other book lovers received.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Widow of Larkspur Inn by Lawana Blackwell arrived from Paperback Swap on Tuesday. I totally ordered this on a whim. I was surfing around looking at book blogs, saw this book, and thought it looked interesting. LOL I hope I like it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First the Dead by Tim Downs was sent by another Paperback Swapper and arrived on Wednesday. I've read the first two books in the series already and they seem to be improving with each new book. I'm looking forward to this one. The main character is an expert in bugs who helps solve mysteries--the books are mystery/thrillers. It kind of reminds me of Gil Grissom on CSI, but Nick Polchak is a lot more abrasive and rude than Gil. This one is set in post-Katrina New Orleans.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Legends of the Fall by Jim Harrison was also sent from Paperback Swap. I ordered it for the November Novella Challenge. I didn't really love the movie, but I'm hoping the novella is better. :) (BTW, there's still time to join in on the November Novella Challenge, if you're interested!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Girls Learn by Karin Cook arrived on Thursday from BookMooch. I ordered the book in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month--the mother in the story is diagnosed with breast cancer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Woman's Place by Lynn Austin also came from BookMooch. I am wishing for one of Austin's newest books, and thought I'd try one of her earlier works. After I read the description on this book, I knew it would be right up my alley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We made a trip on Saturday to Barnes and Noble for Halloween Story Time and I just couldn't resist buying some books. None for me, but I bought a book for everyone else. :) My 4-year-old son picked out Thomas and the Big Big Bridge and my 2-year-old daughter picked out Biscuit Wants to Play. I bought Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn in hardcover for my husband, who recently mentioned he wanted to get all of the Mitch Rapp books in hardcover. It was in the markdown section and was a great deal for a new hardcover book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what books came to YOUR house last week? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails