Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Holiday Reading Challenge Wrap-Up


I managed to finish the 2009 Holiday Reading Challenge with two more books read than I had originally planned! I had only planned to read one holiday-themed book, but it was so disappointing that I had to read at least one good book before Christmas. LOL! Here's what I read (the links go to my reviews):

  1. A Christmas Beginning by Anne Perry (reviewed on 12/1/09)
  2. One Holy Night by J.M. Hochstetler (reviewed on 12/20/09)
  3. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (reviewed on 12/23/09)
My favorite book of the three was A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. It was my first time reading the book, and I was so impressed! I'm glad Dickens is on my TBR pile for the coming year!

My least favorite book was A Christmas Beginning by Anne Perry. Although I have enjoyed a couple of her William Monk books, I don't think I've read enough of the series to appreciate this story.

I've never really sat down and planned holiday-themed reading to coincide with the holidays before. I enjoyed it this year and will have to plan ahead a bit better to do it again next year. This challenge also has me thinking of what books I can read to coincide with other holidays in 2010. :-)

This was a fun challenge! Thank you for hosting it Nely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails