I'm officially signing up for the 2010 Flashback Reading Challenge, hosted by Aarti at BOOKLUST. Here are the details:
So, I'm planning to hit the Scholar level--4-6 books. I'll keep track of my booklist and link to my reviews on this post. I'm kind of excited about this challenge because there are actually quite a few books from my younger days that I've been wanting to re-read.
The Flashback Challenge will run from January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010. This isn't specifically limited to books you loved reading previously and want to reread. It could also be a book you don't remember enjoying. Or just don't remember reading. It might be interesting to see how your perceptions may have changed.
You can sign up for the following levels:Bookworm - Up to three booksScholar - Four to six booksLiterati - Over six books
Within these levels, we have mini-challenges! These are:
1. Re-read a favorite book from your childhood2. Re-read a book assigned to you in high school3. Re-read a book you loved as an adult
Thus, if you sign up for the Bookworm level, you could ostensibly choose to read one book from each mini-challenge. Or you could choose to do none of the above (though, granted, not sure what you could have possibly read that does not fit into either childhood, high school or adulthood).
Tentative list (brainstorming here, so these may or may not be read):
- The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
- Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There by Lewis Carroll
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald