Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mailbox Monday and Christmas Loot!



Every week Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday. It's a chance to share the books that came to your house last week, and to check out what other book lovers received. I always end up with several new books on my wish list after I go check out other people's mailboxes on Mondays.

I received two books this week, both books won in giveaways.


I won a copy of I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School by Caroline Taggart in a Twitter trivia giveaway from FSB Associates (@FSBAssociates). It seems like a fun little trivia book. For example, did you know that the Apatosaurus used to be called the Brontosaurus? (It was a Brontosaurus when I was a kid).


I also received a copy of The Dream Life of Balso Snell by Nathanael West, which was a giveaway win from Bibliofreak Blog. Thanks J.T.! I've been meaning to read something by West (he's mentioned in the textbook I use when teaching California History) and now I have something I can read quickly--this is a novella that I can hopefully finish quickly.

I didn't get any books this year (I did get a bookmark and two book lights), but my kids totally made out in the book department this Christmas! I'll have to weed through their current bookshelves and donate some of the books that they have grown out of to make room for their new books. Here are the books they found under the Christmas tree this year:



So, what came to your house last week?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails