Every week Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday. It's a chance to share the books that came to your house last week, and to check out what other book lovers received. I always end up with several new books on my wish list after I go check out other people's mailboxes on Mondays.
I'm going to continue the lazy this week and use the Amazon image/link boxes for my mailbox. I've been too busy to download images and link each one up by hand. :-P
- I ordered Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! by Terry Brooks from BookMooch last week. Marcia got it a few weeks ago and it sounded interesting.
- I bought The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien at the local Goodwill Bookstore. I love going in there, and I can never resist buying at least one book for myself, even though I need more books like a hole in the head! Can you believe I've never read The Hobbit? I read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy a few years ago. Figured it's time I read this one too.
- I also bought The Portrait of a Lady by Henry James at the Goodwill Bookstore too. One of my goals for next year is to read more classic literature, and this was one of the books on my list for that.
- I always let the kids pick out a couple of books each at the Goodwill Bookstore when they go with me. They picked: Happy Birthday, Cookie Monster!, Daniel's Dinosaurs by Mary Carmine, Tonka: If I Could Drive a Fire Truck!, and Which Way, Hugo? by Morgan Matthews.
- I won Rivals for the Crown by Kathleen Givens from the lovely Kathleen at Blog O' the Irish.
- I also won Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe in a giveaway hosted by Bella at A Bibliophile's Bookshelf.
- I received Embracing Your Freedom: A Personal Experience of God's Heart for Justice by Susie Larson for review. I'll be hosting a blog tour stop here for her book in February through Pump Up Your Book Promotion.
That's what came to my mailbox this week! What was in yours?