Saturday, December 26, 2009

Medieval Reading Challenge: A Tournament of Reading

atournamentofreading

I'm pretty sure this will be my last challenge before the new year. :-) It's being hosted by Meghan at Medieval Bookworm. Review Link-Up Here.
This challenge is designed to get us all reading a little more medieval literature in 2010.  The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st, 2010, and will be hosted right here at Medieval Bookworm.  Challenge genres include history, medieval literature, and historical fiction.  Medieval, for simplicity of definition, will be from 500-1500, and literature from all over the world is welcome, not just western Europe.  There are 3 levels:
  • Peasant – Read 3 medieval books of any kind.
  • Lord – Read 6 medieval books, at least one of each kind.
  • King – Read 9 medieval books, at least two of each kind.
I am signing up for the Peasant level, 3 medieval books. If I can manage it, I may try to hit the Lord level. I'm keeping track of my list here.
    Completed:
    1. Scoundrel's Kiss by Carrie Lofty
    2. Watermark by Vanitha Sankaran
    3. Seasons in the Mist by Deborah Kinnard
    4. Highland Blessings by Jennifer Hudson Taylor
    5. The Black Death and the Transformation of the West by David Herlihy (history)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails