Monday, December 14, 2009

Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge 2010



OK, I'm going to try to do this challenge too. I have a few mysteries and thrillers on my TBR that I'd like to get to in 2010 (and I think the button for this challenge is adorable). Book Chick City is hosting the 2010 Thriller & Suspense Reading Challenge. Review link-up page is here.
Timeline: 01 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2010
Rules: To read TWELVE (12) thrillers in 2010

Now, there are many different sub-genres of thriller, so don't go thinking that you don't actually read these kinds of books because I bet you read more than you think. As I mentioned above you can choose from the numerous sub-genres, from cosy mysteries such as Agatha Christie to the more hard-boiled kind like V I Warshawski by Sara Paretsky, or even supernatural/paranormal suspense written by the likes of Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake) and Kelley Armstrong. So, there you have it, this challenge will have something for everyone I'm sure! :)
Just brainstorming reading ideas for this challenge from my TBR pile:
First the Dead by Tim Downs
The Bohemian Murders by Dianne Day
Silent in the Sanctuary by Deanna Raybourn
A Misty Mourning by Rett MacPherson
Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich
Stillwatch by Mary Higgins Clark

This may be a challenge I don't finish, but I'll try. I like cozy mysteries, and they count for this challenge, so I'll try to pick up a few more of those.

Completed:
  1. Deadly Intent by Camy Tang (1/2010)
  2. A Dangerous Mourning by Anne Perry (4/2010)
  3. Riddle of Berlin by Cym Lowell (4/2010)
  4. Beguiled by Deeanne Gist & J. Mark Bertrand (5/2010)
  5. Hunter's Moon by Don Hoesel (5/2010)
  6. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (5/2010)
  7. The Last Christian by David Gregory (5/2010)
  8. Rooms by James L. Rubart (6/2010) 
  9. Forget Me Not by Vicki Hinze (6/2010) 
  10. 31 Bond Street by Ellen Horan (7/2010) 
  11. Poison by Sara Poole (8/2010) 
  12. Arcadia Falls by Carol Goodman (8/2010)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails