The aim is to read a total 20 books, over ten categories, in 2010.
I'll keep track of my reading list in this post and update it as I go.
- Read 2 books from each category, making a requirement of 20 books total.
- The categories are intended to be loose guidelines only, if you decide it fits, then it fits. (Apart from those marked **)
- Categories marked with ** have tighter rules, and these must be followed.
- Each book can only qualify for one category.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Books read from 01/01/2010 to 31/12/2010 are eligible.So, on with the categories
- Young Adult
A Wish After Midnight by Zetta Elliott
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- T.B.R.** (must be on bookshelf as of Nov. 1, 2009)
A Dangerous Mourning by Anne Perry
A Misty Mourning by Rett MacPherson
- Shiny and New (acquired new in 2010)
Glorious by Bernice McFadden
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- Bad Bloggers (books chosen solely from book blogger recommendation)
The Awakening by Kate Chopin (recommended by Nymeth at Things Mean A Lot)
The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson (recommended by Amy at My Friend Amy)
- Charity (book bought at a local charity shop or sale)
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin
- New in 2010 (new releases)
Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
- Older Than You (in my case, anything published before 1978)
The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer (pub. 1962)
The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (pub. 1926)
- Win! Win! (books for other challenges)
Sugar by Bernice McFadden (POC Challenge, Women Unbound)
Riddle of Berlin by Cym Lowell (Thriller & Suspense Challenge)
- Who Are You Again? (authors you've never heard of before)
Faithful Heart by Al Lacy
Watermark by Vanitha Sankaran
- Up to You! (Non Fiction!)
Embracing Your Freedom by Susie Larson
The Eyes of Willie McGee by Alex Heard