Friday, January 15, 2010

Friday Firsts - Deadly Intent by Camy Tang



The first line can make or break a reader’s interest. Just how well did the author pull you in to the story with their first sentence?

I just finished reading Deadly Intent by Camy Tang (ISBN-13: 9780373443475) last night, and absolutely loved the first line:

"The man who walked into Naomi's father's day spa was striking enough to start a female riot."

I giggled to myself when I read this line, knowing this character (Naomi) was going to be fun. The first line says a lot--it gives us the setting, it introduces us to who would become the love interest, and it gives us a good idea of the main character's personality. I couldn't wait to continue reading after I finished this first line.

Friday Firsts is hosted by Allison at Well-Read Reviews. For more information on how to participate in this weekly book meme, visit her site.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails