Monday, January 18, 2010

Mailbox Monday - January 18



Every week Marcia at The Printed Page hosts Mailbox Monday. It's a chance to share the books that came to your house last week, and to check out what other book lovers received. I always end up with several new books on my wish list after I go check out other people's mailboxes on Mondays.

**This month, Marcia is donating $0.50 to Book Wish Foundation’s holiday campaign for every Mailbox Monday link left at her blog!**




I received two books from BookMooch last week, The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi and Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn. I'm going to read the first one for the Flashback Reading Challenge, and I ordered Silent in the Grave because I won a copy of the second book in the series and I just can't bring myself to read series out of order. LOL! I've also read rave reviews for the series, which is historical fiction/mystery. I can also read it for the Thriller & Suspense reading challenge!



From Paperback Swap: Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier, because I keep seeing good reviews of it in blogger-land. I ordered The Bonds of Womanhood by Nancy Cott out of interest in the subject (this is non-fiction history written by a professional historian) and because I thought it would fit in nicely with the Women Unbound reading challenge.



I won Jane Bites Back by Michael Thomas Ford in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway. I guess I wanted to see what the fuss is all about with the combining of Austen and paranormal elements. I won When You Went Away by Michael Baron from Deanna at Mom-Musings in a giveaway for participants in Royal Reviews reading challenges. I'm signed up for the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. Thank you Deanna!

So, what came to your mailbox last week?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails