Sunday, January 3, 2010

Overheard in a Bookstore...


I've always wanted to work in a bookstore or library. Someone pointed me to this hilarious page at a bookstore website that specializes in rare and old books called the BookMine (their brick and mortar store is located in Old Sacramento, CA). Here's a sampling of some actual conversations they have had in the store with people:
(a customer piles a huge batch of seemingly unrelated books on the counter for purchase)

(me) It's none of my business, but what do you collect?

Books written by authors with seven letter names, that start with the letters "CH".

Why?

I don't know, but it sure is interesting!
*********
(Customer fills out search card: 16 Chapels)

(me)
Oh, you're after books on European Churches?

No, just books about the 16 Chapels.

16 Chapels?

Yea, you know the one with the big painting on the ceiling.

*********
(family walking by the shop)

Dad, look a bookstore! Let's take a look.

Why? It's just books.

Come on. It will just take a minute.

Let's get some ice cream instead.

*********

That last one made me want to cry. But most of them are pretty humorous.

For more crazy conversations from the BookMine check out their Stupid Quotes page.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails