Thursday, April 1, 2010

April is as Busy as a Bee...

Ah, it's the first day of April and such a busy month ahead here at A Few More Pages! Here's what I have planned:

April is National Poetry Month. I will be participating in the National Poetry Month Blog Tour, hosted by Savvy Verse & Wit. The welcome post is up there today, if you want to learn more about this fun event. I hope you can join me on April 21, when I will be spotlighting Lucille Clifton and reviewing one of her poetry books, The Book of Light. I will also hopefully be spotlighting a few of my favorite poems by various authors throughout the month.

Another event I am participating in during the month of April is Detectives Around the World Week, hosted by Jen's Book Thoughts. Between April 11-17, book bloggers from around the blogosphere will be posting about a fictional detective--reviewing one of their books and writing about the setting of that book. The list of detectives being covered for this week is very diverse, so it should be very interesting and exciting to check them all out! I will be reviewing A Dangerous Mourning by Anne Perry, which features Detective William Monk in Victorian England.

A few other things to look forward to here this month:
  • Francine Rivers will be stopping by here on April 25 for the tour of her newest book, Her Mother's Hope.
  • I will be reviewing Vanitha Sankaran's Watermark, a novel set in medieval France, on April 28.
  • I will be hosting Cathy Bryant here on April 29. She is the author of a new book, Texas Roads, which tells the story of a disillusioned widow’s quest for home.
  • I will also be reviewing Glorious by Bernice McFadden and Riddle of Berlin by Cym Lowell this month.
So many great things going on here this month! I hope you can join me in the fun!

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails