Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-Thon!

I’m going to make a late start/entry into the readathon—I wasn’t planning to join in, since hubby was going to be home today and he would have resented me reading all day long (LOL), but since he had to go into work this morning I’m going to join in, late!

Since I didn’t have time to put together a book pile, I’ll just be picking things randomly from my GIANT TBR pile. I do know these two books will be in my future today, though:

The Book of Light by Lucille Clifton (poetry)
Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

It’s officially hour 3, so I’ll participate in the hour 3 mini-challenge right now too, hosted by Bobbie at Till We Read Again.

Favorite Female Character in a book: Elizabeth Howard in J.M. Hochstetler’s American Patriot Series
Favorite Male Character in a book: Jamie Fraser in Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander Series
Favorite Side Kick in a book: Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter Series
Favorite Couple in a Book: Jamie and Claire in Outlander
Favorite Book Series: Harry Potter
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book Cover: The UK version of Fire by Kristen Cashore
Favorite Book of 2009: The Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen

I won’t be reading for 24 full hours, but I’ll be reading when I can and participating in some mini-challenges.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails