Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's National Library Week!

National Library Week is an annual celebration that highlights the value of all types libraries and librarians. First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April.

Even though I don't visit the library as much as I used to, it is always a place where I both feel at home and feel like I'm stepping into a vast and fabulous world full of promise and possibility. So, I'm hoping to visit my library at least once this week, check out a book (ha! probably more than one), and thank the librarians for being there, because I know how much their hours have been cut (at our county libraries, anyway)

Anyway, the American Library Association has events planned all week:

So, yay! It's National Library Week! What are you planning to do to celebrate?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails