Saturday, April 10, 2010

Read-a-Thon Mid-Event Survey

I can't believe we're halfway through already! Time for the mid-event survey meme!

1. What are you reading right now? I'm still reading Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers. Loving it! But it's almost 600 pages, so that's why I'm still on it.
2. How many books have you read so far? I've been on the same book all day. I'm taking care of 2 kids at the same time while I'm trying to read so I have to take lots of breaks for snacktime, making meals, etc.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I'm looking forward to finishing Her Mother's Hope and then working on Lucille Clifton's poetry in The Book of Light.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day? Ha. I didn't free up my whole day. I'm just trying to fit in as much reading as I can while still performing my motherly duties.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? All kinds. But I expected those interruptions so it's no big deal. I'm trying to participate in a casual way--not trying to pressure myself.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? How hard it is to tear myself away from visiting all of the other participants' blogs.
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Not really. This is my first time and it's going pretty well.
8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year? I'd probably see if I could get my kids to stay over at grandma's house for the day. LOL
9. Are you getting tired yet? A little bit sleepy, but it's early here still (West coast).
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered? Ha, no. I'm not a super active participant because of my kids, but I'm having fun, trying to keep from feeling too pressured. Just want to enjoy my books and the community. :)

Quick update on my numbers:
Pages read since last update: 110
Books finished: none yet
Total time spent reading: 3.5 hours

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails