Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Armchair BEA Blogger Interview With Kate at The Neverending Shelf!

Since there's no way I could go to Book Expo America and the Book Blogger Convention in New York this year, I'm participating in Armchair BEA this week. Part of the fun includes a Q&A session with another book blogger participating in Armchair BEA. I am pleased to welcome Kate from The Neverending Shelf to A Few More Pages today!

Please tell us a little about yourself!
Hi, my name is Kate. I am a twenty-something year old who is passionate about reading. I currently hold a B.A. in English and am married to my high school sweetheart. We have two (cat) children, Gracie and Kit, who are total divas and frequently show up in my vlogs. I started The Neverending Shelf in July 2009 as a way for me to connect with other book lovers. The blog focuses mainly on Young Adult novel reviews from a reader who still feels like she is a Young Adult herself. In addition to reviews, the blog also features author interviews, guest posts, book discoveries, and contests.

How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for about a year. I love the blogging experience and hope to be doing this for a very long time.

What are your favorite genres?
Young Adult literature is my favorite genre as well as my main focus for The Neverending Shelf. I am partial to dystopian, paranormal, fantasy, science fiction, and historical fiction. Right now, it seems that I am totally in love with dystopian novels, and seem to be looking for anything that involves this topic. I also really enjoy reading manga. And I try to include this every now and then with the blog.

Who are your favorite authors?
I love Scott Westerfeld esp. his Uglies series. Actually, it was his books that really introduced me to the dystopian novel. I also love Frank Beddor and his Looking Glass Wars series.

How many books do you read in a typical month?
This is a really tough question to answer cause it varies. In a good month, I read about 4 books a week. In a bad month, I can read about 2 or less. I guess it just depends on my mood and time. So to answer your question, I can read about 20-30 books a month.

What is your favorite bookstore (online or brick & mortar)?
Lately, my favorite has been Barnes and Noble. I have one really close to my home and they have a great YA section. I love to just go in there and browse.

What is your favorite thing about being a book blogger?
Do I have to pick one? Lol. I guess it is the people. I have made a ton of great blogging friends and I get to talk with others about books. There is nothing better and just spending a hour or two discussing with others the finer points of a novel.

Anything else you'd like to say?
Thanks so much Katy for having me. This was a lot of fun!

Thank you for being here Kate! I've been following your blog for a while and along with your reviews and other bookish features, I've loved your Design It Up series. It was extremely helpful when I was trying to figure out Google Forms. :-)

You can visit Kate's blog, The Neverending Shelf at http://www.theneverendingshelf.com/ and on twitter  @neshelf

Want to meet some more Armchair BEA-ers? Click here to see the list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails