Thursday, June 17, 2010

I'm Joining the Everything Austen II Challenge!

Last year I missed out on the first Everything Austen Challenge. But there's no way I'm missing it this year! Hosted at Stephanie's Written Word, the challenge runs for six months (July 1, 2010 to January 1, 2011). The requirements: pick out six Austen-themed things to finish for the challenge. It can be anything from reading some of Austen's books, reading Austen-inspired novels, watching film adaptations of her books or Austen-inspired films, or even complete some kind of Austen-inspired craft. You have until Thursday, July 15th, 2010 to officially sign up, so if you're interested, you'd better get over there and sign up.

What am I going to do for this challenge? Here are my plans:

Read the following books:
  1. Mr. Darcy Broke My Heart by Beth Patillo
  2. Just Jane by Nancy Moser
  3. The Darcy Cousins by Monica Fairview
  4. Searching for Pemberley by Mary Lydon Simonsen
Watch the following films:
  1. 1971 BBC adaptation of Persuasion
  2. 1986 BBC adaptation of Mansfield Park
I'm looking forward to this! I am surprised at how many Austen-inspired books I have on my TBR pile--I have several others waiting to be read too.

Here's what I have completed:
  1. Anne Elliot, A New Beginning  by Mary Lydon Simonsen
  2. Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
  3. 1971 BBC adaptation of Persuasion
  4. The Heroine's Bookshelf: Life Lessons, from Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder by Erin Blakemore
  5. Letters from Pemberley by Jane Dawkins
  6. More Letters From Pemberley by Jane Dawkins 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails