Monday, June 21, 2010

The Young Victoria on DVD



I just had a chance to watch this movie on Friday, and I loved it. It was so romantic! I don't know very much about Victoria and Albert (admittedly, when I thought of her before I saw the movie, the picture that came to mind was of an old woman in mourning), but now I would love to learn more about them. Rebecca mentioned at her blog Rebecca Reads that she is reading a biography of the couple called We Two: Victoria and Albert: Rulers, Partners, and Rivals by Gillian Gill. It sounds like a good one to start with. I may try to look up some of Victoria's journals as well. She apparently kept a very detailed diary during her lifetime.

Have you seen The Young Victoria? What did you think? Do you have any related book suggestions for me?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails