Monday, September 13, 2010

BBAW Day 1 - First Treasure


Today is officially DAY 1 of Book Blogger Appreciation Week! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should go over to the Book Blogger Appreciation Week site and look around. It is basically a chance to celebrate and recognize the hard work done by book bloggers everywhere.

All week long there are special events going on in conjunction with BBAW (click here for a list of the daily topics). Today we were asked to share about a great new book blog we've discovered since BBAW last year!  I didn't really participate last year since I was just getting started, but I don't remember the first blog I ever discovered either. *blush* So I'm going to talk about a blog that I discovered in the last few months that has really caught my attention and admiration.


A Literary Odyssey is written by Allie, who is 25 and has challenged herself to read 250 of the classics. Really, who wouldn't admire such an undertaking?? One of my goals this year has been to read more classics, so I've been watching her odyssey with interest. Right now she's working on Sherlock Holmes. And what I love about her site is that rather than just reviewing each book, she also gives her thoughts while she's reading and often will discuss some of the controversial or interesting aspects of the work (for example, Mark Twain's opinion of James Fenimore Cooper or racism in Gone With the Wind and other classics). It's rather a fun experience and it generates interesting discussion. She's taking some time off right now, but she promises to be back soon and I'm looking forward to continue following her literary odyssey. Several of the books she has read have made it onto my wishlist, and I'm sure I'll be adding more as she goes along.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can go browse through some more book blogger discoveries at the BBAW Day 1 Link-up Page. Tune in tomorrow for my Day 2 interview with the fabulous Michelle from my books. my life.!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails