Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday: Strangers at the Feast by Jennifer Vanderbes


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

My current read is Strangers at the Feast by Jennifer Vanderbes (ISBN 978-1-4391-6695-6). Here is the first line:
They had been happy people, thought Eleanor.
For a first line, this one was pretty good. It insinuates that the people that this story will be focusing on were once happy, but that they now are not. What happened? Why aren't they happy anymore? As I continued reading the prologue I was sucked in pretty quickly. The people being described sound so much like myself and my family. By the end of the prologue, I'm very interested in seeing what happens to this family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails