Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Previous Banned Book Reviews

Yep, that's right. I am proud to say that I read banned books. It's all part of my stubborn streak that really dislikes being told what I should and shouldn't read ;-). In celebration of banned books week, I thought I'd provide links to the books on the frequently challenged/banned lists that I've reviewed here so far:
  1. Kaffir Boy by Mark Mathabane
  2. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
  3. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  4. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
  5. The Awakening by Kate Chopin
So, I seem to have only reviewed 5 books from the frequently challenged/banned lists (I looked them up by decade), but I've read a lot more from the lists than that--most of them were before I started blogging. Hopefully I'll get some more reviewed soon!

Related linkage:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails