Friday, October 1, 2010

Book Beginnings on Friday: The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson


Book Beginnings on Friday is a meme hosted by Becky at Page Turners. Anyone can participate; just share the opening sentence of your current read, making sure that you include the title and author so others know what you're reading. If you like, share with everyone why you do, or do not, like the sentence.

My current read is The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson (ISBN 9780615325422). Here is the first line from the prologue:

The trouble with Phineas Michael Button began the moment she was born.
Here were my first thoughts: SHE? That poor girl has a boy's name. LOL

The first line was intriguing--besides being given an unfortunate name, what other trouble did she face from birth?-- and the rest of the prologue didn't disappoint either. I've been longing to read this and I'm so excited that I am getting my chance. Special thanks to Ladybug at Escape in a Book for sending her copy on a world tour (I'm so excited to be a part of it!).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails