Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Twenty Ten Reading Challenge Completed!


Yay! I completed the Twenty Ten Reading Challenge this month! I think my favorite book out of the twenty read for this challenge was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I discovered some really cool authors this year through this challenge too: Zetta Elliott's A Wish After Midnight and A.S. Peterson's The Fiddler's Gun were both wonderful surprises. My least favorite book out of this group was Faithful Heart by Al Lacy. I really enjoyed this challenge! It was more complicated than I expected to fit books into each category. Thanks for hosting Bart!

Here's my completed list, with links to reviews:
  1. Young Adult
    A Wish After Midnight by Zetta Elliott
    The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

  2. T.B.R.** (must be on bookshelf as of Nov. 1, 2009)
    A Dangerous Mourning by Anne Perry
    A Misty Mourning by Rett MacPherson

  3. Shiny and New (acquired new in 2010)
    Glorious by Bernice McFadden
    Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

  4. Bad Bloggers (books chosen solely from book blogger recommendation)
    The Awakening by Kate Chopin (recommended by Nymeth at Things Mean A Lot)
    The Fiddler's Gun by A.S. Peterson (recommended by Amy at My Friend Amy)

  5. Charity (book bought at a local charity shop or sale)
    Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
    A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin

  6. New in 2010 (new releases)
    Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez
    Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin

  7. Older Than You (in my case, anything published before 1978)
    The Nonesuch by Georgette Heyer (pub. 1962)
    The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (pub. 1926)

  8. Win! Win! (books for other challenges)
    Sugar by Bernice McFadden (POC Challenge, Women Unbound)
    Riddle of Berlin by Cym Lowell (Thriller & Suspense Challenge)

  9. Who Are You Again? (authors you've never heard of before)
    Faithful Heart by Al Lacy
    Watermark by Vanitha Sankaran

  10. Up to You! (Non Fiction!)
    Embracing Your Freedom by Susie Larson
    The Eyes of Willie McGee by Alex Heard

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails