Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Women Unbound Challenge Completed!


I've officially completed the Women Unbound Challenge, right on time (ends at the end of November)!  I participated at the Bluestocking Level (at least 5 books, with at least two of them being non-fiction). The non-fiction was surprisingly the hardest for me to complete. I put it off until the last minute. I listed my challenge books below, with links to the reviews. I read a lot more fiction that could be counted for this challenge, but I didn't have time to read the additional non-fiction that would allow me to step up to the next participation level. My favorite book of the ones listed here was Wench by Dolen Perkins-Valdez. I was really impressed by how authentic the novel seemed compared to the historical record. My least favorite book of the group was Glorious by Bernice McFadden. All were interesting, and all were a bit different from my usual reading. I didn't get around to reading most of my preliminary list, so my future reading is sure to be filled with Women Unbound.

Completed:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails