I really enjoy challenges with categories (like the Twenty Ten Challenge) so I decided to jump in and participate in the What's in a Name 4 Challenge, hosted by Beth Fish Reads.
Here's How It Works
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler's Wife
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
Other Things to Know
- Books may be any form (audio, print, e-book).
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Books may not overlap categories; you need a different book for each category.
- Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed but encouraged.
- You do not have to make a list of books before hand.
- You do not have to read through the categories in any particular order.
I'll keep track of my books in this post.
- A book with a number in the title: The Secret Lives of the Four Wives by Lola Shoneyin
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title:
- A book with a size in the title: Little Black Dress by Susan McBride
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
- A book with evil in the title: The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. Le Guin
- A book with a life stage in the title: Lady in Waiting by Susan Meissner