Sunday, December 12, 2010

POC Reading Challenge - 2011



I'm continuing my dedication to reading more books by and about persons of color in the new year. I succeeded in reading 13 books for this challenge in 2010, so for 2011 I am aiming to read at least 15 books by or about persons of color. I am helping Pam and Ari out with the challenge again in 2011, so I hope you'll join us!

Here are a few books I've got on my radar for the coming year (and/or on my TBR):

Indian Killer by Sherman Alexie
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
This Bitter Earth by Bernice McFadden
Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
Murder, Mayhem, and a Fine Man by Claudia Mair Burney
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemisin
Silver Phoenix by Cindy Pon
Kindred by Octavia Butler
Twelve Years a Slave by Solomon Northup
The Tombs of Atuan by Ursula K. LeGuin
Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith
Peony in Love by Lisa See
The Bonesetter's Daughter by Amy Tan
The Invisible Line by Daniel J. Sharfstein

My list is a bit more manageable and focused this year. Last year's list was a bit overwhelming. I'll keep track of my books read in this post.
  1. The Invisible Line by Daniel J. Sharfstein
  2. Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
  3. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves 
  4. The Secret Lives of the Four Wives by Lola Shoneyin
  5. Black, White, Other by Joan Steinau Lester 
  6. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemison 
  7. The Printmaker's Daughter by Katherine Govier 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails