Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

A Happy New Year Postcard


Happy New Year everyone! I hope you have much to look forward to in the coming year.

I had meant to write several posts over the past two weeks, but it just didn't happen for various reasons. We had three rounds of stomach flu hit our house (my son is just getting over from the last round), we drove up to see our newest nephew after Christmas (which turned into a longer drive than we expected because we got a hole in our tire and then on the way home the main roads into our town were closed due to rock slides and flooding), and things just got really busy. The big road closure here makes us drive the back way to go into the nearest city, and can make the drive go from the usual one hour to as much as three hours. We've made that long trip several times over the last two weeks.

I'll be trying to get some year-end reflections up this week as well as some short reviews to try to catch up on the books I read last year but never got around to reviewing. I succeeded in finishing 99 books and novellas in 2010, a number I was pleasantly surprised to learn yesterday when I finished up my list of books read in 2010. More reflections on that later.

I hope you have a wonderful first day of the year. We're watching the Rose Parade and then going over to my parents' house to watch football and eat junk food (it's a yearly tradition). Hopefully we'll get a nap in too--that would be a fantastic way to bring in the new year, in my opinion. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails