Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why My Link Collections Have Changed



If you have been participating in any link-ups at my blog this year, you'll notice that I recently changed over to InLinkz from Linky Tools.

Part of the reason for the switch is because Linky Tools has become a subscription service, which required that I export my links or pay a yearly subscription. I considered subscribing. But I had used InLinkz before for review link-ups last year at the POC Challenge blog, and I liked their thumbnail linky collections better. The only reason I had switched to Linky Tools was because Inlinkz had started charging for thumbnail linkys and Linky Tools was free at the time. Now that they aren't free, I've decided to take the plunge and subscribe over at Inlinkz.

So, that's why things look different at my link-ups. InLinkz might look different, but it is easy to use. Just scroll down to the bottom of the links and click on the blue "Add Your Link" button. Then fill in the blanks that pop up.

It was hard to make the decision to pay for a linky service, but I like having thumbnail links for the reading challenge link-ups. I think it's fun to see the cover of the book being reviewed at the other end of the link. It took me a few hours to export all of my collections from Linky Tools and restart some of my collections that were still underway, but I am satisfied with my choice.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Disclosure FYI: If you decide to subscribe to InLinkz and you go through one of my links, I will earn a small credit towards my subscription fee for next year. 

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails