Thursday, July 7, 2011

Book Beginnings on Friday: July 8, 2011


How to participate: Share the first line (or two) of the book you are currently reading on your blog or in the comments. Include the title and the author so we know what you're reading. Then, if you would like, let us know what your first impressions were based on that first line, and let us know if you liked or did not like the sentence. The link-up will be at A Few More Pages every Friday and will be open for the entire week.

Thanks to Becky at Page Turners for starting this meme and to Rose City Reader for inspiring it!

This past week I devoured The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N.K. Jemison, and LOVED it. Here is the beginning:

I am not as I once was. They have done this to me, broken me open and torn out my heart. I do not know who I am anymore. I must try to remember.

This was a good beginning, but after finishing the book it is even better! At first glance, the meaning of this beginning is fairly simple, but knowing how the book ends, I can see multiple meanings in these lines and I really like that! Fantastic read. I'm looking forward to reviewing it.

So, what is the first line of your current read, and how did you like it? Please leave the link to your specific post, not just to the front page of your blog.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails