Tuesday, September 13, 2011

BBAW Interview: Meet Carol at Dizzy C's Little Book Blog!


Today's activity for Book Blogger Appreciation Week is an interview swap. I have the pleasure of welcoming Carol (aka Dizzy C) to the blog today!


Please tell us a little bit about yourself!
I am Carol, stay at home mum, until my youngest goes to full-time school, living in East Anglia, England, with my lovely partner and 3 children. I have a girl of 17, and boys aged 14 and 4.

After a spell at home whilst the older two children were young, I worked as a Teaching Assistant in a primary school for 7 years. Then after a family change I met my wonderful partner and I had another child, after a 10-year gap. As I had been a working mum for 7 years, 3 of those as a single parent, I found it difficult to adjust to being a stay at home mum for the 2nd time around. I needed something to keep my brain active, and having no time for previous craft and genealogy hobbies I decided to read more. Reading keeps me sane :)
When and why did you become a book blogger?
I started book blogging in July 2010.  I was surfing the net looking for book recommendations, when I stumbled on a book blog. I didn't even know what a blog was until then.
I began following blogs for a while and very soon wanted to become part of the community to share my books with others and comment on their blogs.
Which genres do you generally read and review?
I usually stick to Historical fiction, Chick-lit, women's fiction and contemporary fiction.
Which do you prefer: paperback, hardcover, or e-book (and why)?
Paperback is the choice for me.  Hardback are ok if I am at home reading but too big to take out.  
I still do not have an e-reader, but hoping Santa will bring me one this year.  I still want to read paperbacks mainly, but some books are coming out as e-books only and I don't want to miss them.
Who are some of your favorite authors?
Maggie O'Farrell, Ronald Dahl, Dr. Seuss, Linda Gillard, Carol K. Carr, Nina Bell, Sue Moorcroft to name a few.
What are your top three reads of 2011?
This is so difficult to narrow down to 3.
  • The Darling Strumpet - Gillian Bagwell
  • Star Gazing - Linda Gillard
  • 84 Charing Cross Road - Helene Hanff
I'll have to go check these out! Thanks for being here Carol!
Thank you for having me as guest on your blog today, Katy.
Now, since I know you all want to go check out Carol's blog and connect with her on twitter and facebook, here are the links:
Carol has interviewed me at her blog today, and you can check out interviews with all of your favorite book bloggers by visiting today's BBAW interview swap link-up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails