I am a history teacher too--I am an adjunct (part-time) US History instructor at a local college. My passion for history is reflected in many of my reading choices.
I've been interviewed in a few different places, so you can learn even more about me there:
- 2011 BBAW Interview at DizzyC's Little Book Blog
- Robolobolyn's Universe of Books: All About You
- Reading Through Life: Reading Roots
- 2010 BBAW Interview at My Books. My Life.
What kinds of books do I read? I like to read books from many different genres. Historical fiction, fantasy, Christian fiction, mysteries, classics, young adult, science fiction, a little bit of nonfiction (mostly history books), and more (I'm pretty open when it comes to genre, as long as it grabs my attention). I go through spurts of interest--sometimes I get sucked into a good series or a genre that I just can't put down, other times I jump around from series to series and genre to genre. I'll probably also feature some books that I have enjoyed reading with my kids (ages 4 and 6)--I'm working on giving them a book obsession too. ;-)
Here's my review policy:
- I am not currently accepting books for review on this blog.
- A Few More Pages is my personal book blog and since I like to read just about anything, that's what I review. That said, I tend to lean toward historical fiction, mystery, and Christian fiction. I'm not a big reader of contemporary romance or any romance with explicit love scenes.
- I generally post my reviews here on my blog and on Goodreads.
- I consider myself an honest reviewer and it is my goal to give a fair but truthful review of the books I've read. My reviews are based on my personal opinion. I don't consider myself to be a professional book reviewer and am not financially compensated for any reviews posted here. I am an affiliate with a couple of different online bookstores, and you can find more details about that in my disclosure policy.